Webinar : "The NPT and the peaceful uses of nuclear energy: a perspective from Vienna " [fr]
The Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT) celebrates this year the 50th anniversary of its entry into force (1970).
In view of the tenth NPT Review Conference, which is expected to take place in early 2021, a webinar is organized by the Fondation pour la recherche stratégique :
The webinar will be held online on Tuesday, October 27 from 15:00 to 16:15 (CET).
The meeting will address, inter alia, the following issues:
- The NPT as the framework for a responsible development of nuclear peaceful uses?
- Peaceful uses: why has Vienna a specific role to play?
- From theory to reality, how to promote nuclear projects that support everyday life?
- H.E. Mr. Xavier STICKER, Permanent Representative of France to the United Nations Office and International Organizations in Vienna ;
- H.E. Ms. Leena AL-HADID, Permanent Representative of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan to the United Nations Office and International Organizations in Vienna
- H.E. Mr. Takeshi HIKIHARA, Permanent Representative of Japan to the International Organizations in Vienna
- Mr. Benjamin HAUTECOUVERTURE, Senior Research Fellow, Fondation pour la recherche stratégique, France
You are kindly required to register in advance by using the following link : REGISTRATION